Health measures in the City of Paris museums
Your safety and the safety of our staff are paramount. In accordance with directives from the French government and in order to guarantee optimal safety during your visit, City of Paris Museums has implemented health measures and new admission formalities. We do our utmost to ensure that your visit is completely safe and trouble free.
Before your visit
- It is highly recommended to book a time-stamped ticket on our online ticketing. Bookings at www.billetterie-parismusees.paris.fr. Tickets can be purchased on site, if there is availability. Only advance reservations guarantee admission to the exhibitions, including for those who receive discounts and free admission (including Paris Musées card members).
> Health Measures
- A surgical mask or a type 1 fabric mask is recommended for all visitors of 6 years of age or older. Don’t forget to bring one with you. The museums do not provide masks.
- If you are ill or notice the appearance of symptoms, please put off your visit until a later date.
- The rental of audio guides has been suspended except for the Paris Catacombs. Certain museums have mobile tour applications which can be downloaded free from App Store and Google Play.
- Consult the visitor’s charter for the museums: French / English
- Consult the visitor’s charter for the Carnavalet Museum – History of Paris: French / English
- Consult the visitor’s charter for the Paris Catacombs: French / English
During your visit
- When you arrive, please observe social distancing of at least 1 meter between yourself, the other visitors and the staff.
- At the tills, please use contactless payment.
- To enter the temporary exhibitions, you are required to show your ticket booked online to Paris Museums staff, along with proof of your entitlement to discounted prices / free admission where applicable.
- Wash your hands regularly, especially before you enter the museum. Hand sanitising gel is provided at the entrance.
- Once in the exhibition areas, please ensure that you follow the direction of the tour and maintain social distancing.
- Signs dedicated to the health measures are posted inside the museums. Please observe the relevant instructions.
Paris Musées staff are on hand to answer any questions you may have and offer you guidance.
We hope you will enjoy your visit.