Health measures in the City of Paris museums
Your safety and the safety of our staff are paramount. In accordance with directives from the French government and in order to guarantee optimal safety during your visit, City of Paris Museums has implemented health measures and new admission formalities. We do our utmost to ensure that your visit is completely safe and trouble free.
Before your visit
- The online ticket office opens on Monday 17 May 2021. Bookings at www.billetterie-parismusees.paris.fr
- To visit the temporary exhibitions and the collections at the Carnavalet Museum – History of Paris, please book your time-stamped ticket (even if free of charge), at www.billetterie-parismusees.paris.fr.
- If you hold the Paris Museums Pass or are entitled to reductions and free admissions (including for children), you are also required to book a free ticket online. A valid proof of the booking should be shown on admission.
> Health Measures
- A surgical mask or a type 1 fabric mask must be worn by all visitors of 11 years of age or older to gain admission to the museums. Don’t forget to bring one with you. The museums do not provide masks.
- If you are ill or notice the appearance of symptoms, please put off your visit until a later date.
- The rental of audio guides has been suspended except for the Paris Catacombs. Certain museums have mobile tour applications which can be downloaded free from App Store and Google Play.
- Access to cloakrooms is currently unavailable except in those museums that provide individual lockers. Any bags larger than 40 cm are prohibited (40 x 30 x 20 cm in the Catacombs). No bags are permitted at the Carnavalet Museum – History of Paris regardless of their size (including any smaller than 40 cm) except for handbags.
- Consult the visitor’s charter for the museums: French / English
- Consult the visitor’s charter for the Carnavalet Museum – History of Paris: French / English
- Consult the visitor’s charter for the Paris Catacombs: French / English
During your visit
- When you arrive, please observe social distancing of at least 1 metre between yourself, the other visitors and the staff.
- At the tills, please use contactless payment.
- To enter the temporary exhibitions, you are required to show your ticket booked online to Paris Museums staff, along with proof of your entitlement to discounted prices / free admission where applicable.
- Wash your hands regularly, especially before you enter the museum. Hand sanitising gel is provided at the entrance.
- Once in the exhibition areas, please ensure that you follow the direction of the tour and maintain social distancing.
- Signs dedicated to the health measures are posted inside the museums. Please observe the relevant instructions.
Paris Musées staff are on hand to answer any questions you may have and offer you guidance.
We hope you will enjoy your visit.